State Street Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The heart of Santa Barbara, State Street delights visitors and locals alike with its lively downtown ambience. Spend a couple of leisurely hours wandering the tree-lined boulevard, stopping by shops, galleries, and wine tasting rooms.
Along with big-name shops and local boutiques, State Street is where you’ll find most of Santa Barbara’s top restaurants, offering everything from sushi to pizza. The street is also home to the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, whose collection includes 19th-century European paintings, Greek and Roman sculptures, and more. If local, contemporary art is more your thing, take a stroll through the many independent galleries.
Things to Know Before You Go
- State Street is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
- Most of the shops, restaurants, and galleries are located along Lower State—below Victoria Street.
- Take a break from shopping and sightseeing at the nearby Alice Keck Park Memorial Garden.
How to Get There
State Street runs through the center of downtown Santa Barbara, and is easily accessible from the rest of the city by bike, on foot, or via the downtown shuttle bus. At the south end of State Street, Santa Barbara’s train station has connections to other cities in California.
When to Get There
The businesses along State Street are open year-round. Santa Barbara bustles with tourists during the summer months, especially on weekends. For a quieter experience, visit on a weekday.
Santa Barbara Zoo
See lions, penguins, gibbons, and more at the Santa Barbara Zoo, where more than 140 different species from around the world are housed in enclosures that reflect their natural habitats. Children love feeding the giraffes, and trying out their monkey-style skills on the climbing wall.
Address: Santa Barbara, California, USA
1 Tours and Activities to Experience State Street
The only tour in Santa Barbara that takes you on the sand of our famous beaches on your very own fat tire electric bike! Prepare to take in Santa Barbara's most stunning oceanfront views as you glide in between the waves and the palm trees. This Electric Bike Tour involves riding on the beach as well as biking through town on the boardwalk and downtown promenade. If you're looking for the must-do activity that shows you everything Santa Barbara has to offer this is the bike tour for you.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do near Santa Barbara
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona